Which Nvidia cards support SLI
Multi-GPU: Nvidia will no longer develop new SLI profiles from 2021
From January 1, 2021, Nvidia will no longer integrate any new SLI profiles into its in-house graphics drivers. Instead, the game developers who have two powerful low-level APIs at their disposal, Vulkan and DirectX 12, should be responsible in the future.
Nvidia's rationale for the move is that game developers themselves know best how to best leverage the added power of multiple GPUs in their games. Accordingly, the direct implementation of multi-GPU support in games via DirectX 12 or Vulkan is preferable to the detour via the Nvidia driver and SLI profiles. Instead of continuing to develop SLI profiles and deliver them with the drivers, Nvidia will use its "Focus efforts on helping developers implement native SLI in games“.
Existing SLI profiles will continue to be "tested and serviced" become. Nvidia restricts that this only applies to SLI profiles for the GeForce RTX 2000 series and older models. The new GeForce RTX 3000 series (test) and future graphics cards from the manufacturer will only support SLI if this has been explicitly implemented by the respective game developer. Professional applications that benefit from multiple GPUs are not affected by these restrictions, since they address the GPUs independently anyway.
Few games currently support native SLI
The list of titles that natively implement SLI is short. Twelve DirectX 12 titles as well as five Vulkan games, three of which are already included in the DirectX 12 list, currently have native SLI. To what extent it will be worthwhile for game developers in the future to invest the effort and explicitly implement multi-GPU support is questionable. Nvidia's move to quasi-abolish SLI support follows the steady decline in technology for gamers. With the Pascal architecture, only two instead of the previous three or four graphics cards could be operated in SLI mode. With the GeForce RTX 3000 series, the NVLink connector was eliminated even in the high-end model RTX 3080.
- Robert McHardy Email Twitter... develops software and is completing his master's degree in machine learning at University College London.
- A good singer could sing any song
- How can I create my group links
- What are the most popular testing frameworks
- What is the downside of Indian cinema
- How much sleep does an armadillo get
- What is the derivative of x 13
- How is Mysore in terms of tourism
- How do I start affiliate marketing 2
- Why is Heathrow so hot
- Should I use Android data binding
- How many Gentiles are saved in Revelation
- Has Putin undermined US influence
- What are some cool open source projects
- Could worms make your stomach growl
- Is Pokemon Haram 1
- You should always listen to your mother
- Is Hollman a Jewish name
- The Marlboro man died of cancer
- What is a Turbo C C Compiler
- Was the Soviet Union behind JFK's assassination
- How is India not a safe country
- Why is it difficult to cultivate microorganisms
- What bigots cannot understand
- What are some examples of creepers