Why can't renewable energies save the planet?
Save the earth - or would you prefer to find a new planet?
Why shouldn't we just be happy that we are the greatest, strongest, and greatest on planet earth? And - who knows - maybe in the whole universe. Man has managed to subjugate the earth. With the moon landing 50 years ago at the latest, it was clear that we are not just a part of creation, but that we have risen far above it. The view of the earth from space cast a spell over people: the blue planet, this beautiful, colorful ball.
That we are only a tiny part of the whole, that we are an insignificant marginal phenomenon in terms of both time and space - we don't want to hear that. It is nicer to say: We are the center and shape the earth according to our ideas. But the truth is that people on earth behave like a group of party tourists at Ballermann on Mallorca: eat, drink, throw up and the next day spread the big towel by the pool. The Mallorcina are fed up now. You don't feel like this plague anymore.
Islands sink into the sea
And at some point - this is how it currently looks - the earth will also recover from humans. Because as a tiny point on the timeline of our planet, we have changed it at such a rapid pace that it will be difficult for us in the next 100 years. We see destruction everywhere. Climate change, long ignored, is slowly starting to hurt. Islands are sinking into the sea, floods and droughts in Asia and Africa, the heat has long claimed their lives in Europe too. But instead of finally initiating the U-turn, the issue of climate protection is again held without result, important decisions are postponed.
People prefer to indulge in naive daydreams: The moon landing, that was something great back then. We need something like that again. And the one who brings this innocence back to us has to be a great politician.
20 billion for the moon landing
In any case, this is how US President Donald Trump calculates. NASA is expected to send astronauts to the moon by 2024. That should cost less than 20 billion US dollars. After all, learning curve, then President Kennedy gave NASA 25 billion. You let the dream taste a little. India has just launched a probe to the moon for 130 million euros.
Rare earths and precious metals
But of course, so cool, calculating business bosses and engineers like Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk, their moon flight programs are also about business. Bezos would like to mine rare earths and precious metals on the moon, and in the long term it should continue to Mars. There you could find a new home for people if planet earth is destroyed, that's the idea of the heads of Amazon and Tesla.
Pathos about the moon landing
The whole thing would be funny or make you shake your head, depending on your mood, if it were not followed with such seriousness: Many billions of dollars are spent annually on space travel. While - and this is the key point - climate protection is skimpy and the brakes are applied. Does anyone really think that it could be more comfortable to live on Mars than on Earth? In any case, I can no longer see the pathos surrounding the moon landing. In my opinion, a big step for humanity would be if we stopped climate change.
- How do you straighten the headphone cables
- Is the NSA working on AI
- Drunk driving a crime in California
- Is creativity activated or learned
- How can I solve problems with consanguinity?
- What does resting basic face mean?
- What is Mobdro used for?
- How do I stop growing
- What do dreams of breathing under water mean
- What did you buy with cash today?
- Where can I see a dinosaur skeleton
- What am I clueless about?
- Can a Tesla have a gear stick
- What does our mind love most?
- Where can I buy vitamin E capsules
- What is the Definition of Motor Laesion
- What is a criminal theory
- Why do moths fly towards lights
- Why Do Doctors Prescribe Metformin
- How do you deal with the confrontation
- How can I hide panic attacks
- Is high tds water affects the skin
- What is the state flower of Maine
- Who is mighty Constantine or Lucifer?
- Which American universities have good Japanese programs?
- What creates chaos in us
- What are some community websites for backlinks
- How does a semiconductor laser work
- Is Boyle's law physics or chemistry
- How onions make people cry
- Are there Republicans in Silicon Valley
- Suicide is the perfect option
- America destroyed Iran
- Trees are natural resources