How are chromatids, chromatin and chromosomes related
Two chromatid chromosome
Under a Two chromatid chromosome one understands a chromosome, which is made up of two identical longitudinal elements, the two chromatids, more precisely: the sister chromatids. From a chemical point of view, the chromatids consist of DNA and associated proteins (histones) and are attached to one another at a connection point, the centromere.
The two sister chromatids that make up the two-chromatid chromosome can be clearly identified with the aid of a light microscope during the metaphase of mitosis or meiosis. Hence one speaks of a Metaphase chromosomeif you mean a two-chromatid chromosome.
In the course of the division process, both in mitosis and in meiosis, the two chromatids of each two-chromatid chromosome are separated from each other on the centromere, so that two one-chromatid chromosomes are created, which are drawn by the spindle apparatus to the cell poles. Two daughter cells are obtained, each with identical one-chromatid chromosomes, which double their DNA during the interphase, so that two-chromatid chromosomes are again present at the beginning of a new division phase.
Categories: Genetics | Cell biology
- What has deepened your heart over the past week
- Is frisbee a sport or a hobby
- What kind of Japanese collagen is good
- How would you define immortality and why
- Is the earth a sentient being
- What are Shakti Peethas
- Why is movement more difficult
- Is high tds water affects the skin
- How do I code on an Android tablet
- Why do people think Hitler survived?
- What is the temperature of welding
- What are some ways to be hypnotized
- Everything that exists has an interior
- What are some traditional spanish songs
- How did Macron become president
- Why do we need ROM and RAM
- Why were records discontinued?
- Who determines your blood type
- How can I quickly spot undervalued stocks
- How would you cast for a movie
- How was the court invented
- How do I repaint my front door
- What if the ice were denser than water?
- When does a person need therapy
- Why did James Cook colonize Hawaii
- What are some unethical brand promotions
- Supports the Redmi Note 7 5G
- How was this earth created
- Which is better civil engineering or EIE
- Does it mean something to have Deja Vu
- What does publishing a game mean
- What are the most popular testing frameworks
- Is Facebook safe from hackers