What number is the opposite of infinity
With infinity we mean when something has no end or is limitless. The opposite would be finitude. Infinity is difficult to imagine. Things can be infinitely big, but they can also be infinitely small. In mathematics, a special symbol is used when something is infinitely large, namely an eight lying on its side. The infinity of time was often referred to as eternity in the past.
Although infinity is difficult to understand, a thought experiment helps a bit: Let's imagine we have an apple. If we cut it in half and eat one half, there will be left over. If we halve this rest again and eat half of it, then there is a rest again. This rest is smaller than the one before. You can go on and on like this. The leftover apples keep getting smaller, but there is still something left to cut in half. The process can never end, it is infinite. You can also see that you can eat an apple every time you cut it in half, even an infinite number of times. Still, you will never have eaten the whole apple.
We often use the word "infinite" for things that are not infinite at all. For example, if we have to wait a very long time for something, we are quick to say that it takes an infinite amount of time. One would also quickly say that the number of grains of sand in a desert is infinite. But that's not true, because theoretically you could count them all and would eventually come to an end. But then you would have a very large number as a result.
The universe is perhaps infinitely large, but nobody really knows. In many religions God is infinite because he never had a beginning and will never end. In mathematics, there is a lot of work with infinity. For example, there are infinitely many numbers. If you divide 1 by three, the result is 0.33333 ..., the three go on infinitely after the decimal point. Mathematicians are familiar with many such examples.
There are also other search results for “Infinity” from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- How far is Patagonia from Santiago
- Sam Altman is still a YC president
- When is technological glitch just too much?
- Can we see our mind
- What is the best DVD maker software
- Which state is best known for BBQ
- Is Master of Information Technology useful
- How would you rate strip club food
- What is the northernmost African capital
- Which 2020 Democrats have the most donors
- What is futures trading
- How did Kary Mullis discover PCR
- Which PGDM course is better in TAPMI
- Should DreamWorks keep making more Bible films
- Why are successful people not valued
- Do I need a visa for the world tour?
- Why are concrete barriers called Jersey barriers
- What's your favorite dog technology
- Which instruments are considered acoustic?
- Are you satisfied with your language skills?
- Why did you settle in Ranchi
- How is Derma doing at AIIMS Rishikesh
- How does an orchid grow?
- How often should you exfoliate your face?