Why is Batman not a yellow lantern
Why isn't Batman looking for a yellow lantern ring?
In addition to the existing answers in the Forever Evil comic, Volume 4, Batman actually has a yellow ring. He plans to use it against the criminal "Green Lantern", the Power Ring. He puts on the ring and is terribly defeated by the Power Ring, which then easily destroys Batman's yellow ring.
Sinestro explains Batman's failure to be a worthwhile yellow lantern:
Batman failed because he did not succumb to his fears. Apparently that's a requirement. I don't know if it has been said literally in other comics, but I always thought being afraid of something was a requirement to be a yellow lantern, not just the ability to instill fear.
The ring says, "Bruce Wayne, you're going to be ... exposed now," then it says, "No!"
Sounds to me like Batman doesn't like the idea of being "subject" to the ring.
There was one point where he owned a yellow ring. When Robin asked what he wouldn't keep and use, he simply said, "Not my style."
Batman uses Lucius devices for a reason. He trusts Lucius and knows exactly what he uses to make them and what they can do.
Batman, on the other hand, totally hates Sinestro. He doesn't trust him at all and has no idea what a yellow lantern ring can do with full force.
There are some things Batman would cross the line for, but exposing his fears to all and being controlled by a ring of fear is not something he would do.
- Check or validate universities international certificates
- Atheists get more positive votes for Quora
- How to read and study code
- Which technology do you use for the backend
- How slow was your first computer
- What are the advantages of hearing aids
- Why is BPA everywhere
- How responsible are we for our lives
- Is Jesus our brother
- Are there any advantages to having children?
- What's your rating of Asics
- Why are Australian Liberals Conservative
- How healthy is La Croix
- How does net neutrality affect Bitcoin?
- Why are downtown kids wilder
- Why didn't Republicans like Obama Care?
- What is compensatory jurisdiction
- What is my cat's nosebleed
- Can I know anything about Qnet?
- How are microtubules assembled
- What are the layers of connective tissue
- How can girls get into aviation technology
- Why did you leave Liverpool
- What is the best laptop for AWS