Why wasn't Disney's Atlantis movie popular?
Atlantis - The Secret of the Lost City
3.6 38 ratings - 9 reviews
Share on Facebook on Twitter
The young scientist Milo (voice: Michael J. Fox / Stefan Kampwirth) is convinced that the mysterious sunken city of Atlantis exists. But since the directors of the museum in which he works consider his theory to be a pipe dream, his dream of discovering Atlantis seems to be shattered. But he's lucky. As a member of a submarine mission financed by a wealthy private individual, he dives into the depths of the sea in search of the legendary Atlantis. And indeed: Atlantis exists and the residents have been able to preserve part of the fascinating culture! But now the city is on the verge of final demise. Only the Atlantic princess Kida (voice: Cree Summer / Maria Schrader) and Milo are able to save Atlantis from this dire fate.
Where can I watch this film?
Criticism from the FILMSTARTS editorial team
Atlantis - The Secret of the Lost CityBy Carsten Baumgardt
December 6, 2001. A date with a signal character. One day after Walt Disney would have turned 100, the 40th full-length cartoon from the Maus-Haus will hit German cinemas. But this time everything is different. "Atlantis - The Secret of the Lost City" is a mystical action adventure that is not only aimed specifically at the young target group, but instead throws a whole series of old Disney principles overboard. Venerable Walt Disney, always striving for happiness, will rotate in his grave in the face of this turning away. During his lifetime, “Atlantis” would not have existed in this form. Even if the film is better than many of the last Disney works such as “Pocahontas”, “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”, “Hercules” or “Mulan”, the bookworm Milo's search for the “masterpiece” is what he likes to give himself legendary city of Atlantis far away ...Read all of the review
You might be interested in that too
Atlantis is especially for the very young target group. It works great there, but not so much for adults. You can tell what a huge progress you have made in the cartoon genre. The kids experience an exciting trip to Atlantis. The adults will find logic holes in the story, everything happens a little quickly, etc. But the film has damn good ideas and approaches. If you were to use this as a template for a ...
Well, "Atlantis" is optically a successful mixture of elaborate three-dimensional computer images and in places somewhat coarse (but always clean and true-to-style), classic cartoon elements. The characters are quite interesting and funny, even if the humor is a bit shorter here overall in most of the Disney predecessors. I also found the story quite appealing. That the film despite this potential ...9 user reviews, 10 pictures, 10 news and specials
Distributor Buena Vista International Film ProductionMore similar films
All the best films in the cinema
- Monetization How does HowAboutWir make money
- Is there a plan like LIC Kanyadan
- Which is the best offline Tamil FM app
- Who is the most talented French actress
- How do I get better at skiing?
- Are oysters good for you
- How will graphic design develop
- What are the best airports websites
- Is Sri Balaji Medical College good
- Which effect size is considered to be statistically significant
- What is the best cooking magazine
- What is the difference between Hades and Satan
- How come I can't handle criticism
- Is Olivia Munn a good actress
- What were your worst moments in Chennai
- Northeastern is a reputable school
- Sells dollar tree candy
- Is it difficult to get admission in Welingkar
- What do you think of indigo kids
- When can a person do IIT
- What is PISA education
- Is Nepal landlocked country
- How is a person spiritually restored
- What is McDonalds doing right
- How do I answer you?
- Why a Soyuz didn't save Colombia
- What are different courses under PMKVY
- What is a synapse
- What are ilkal saris
- Die the Anunnakis
- What has life on earth taught you
- Are you LGBT
- What should you eat to boost immunity?