What does physiotherapy mean
What is physiotherapy?
The various areas of application of physiotherapy help to improve, restore or maintain our ability to move and function. In this way, discomfort can be alleviated. Physiotherapy is mainly understood as so-called movement therapy (formerly known as "physiotherapy"), which can only be carried out by trained physiotherapists. It serves as a sensible alternative or supplement to an operative or medicinal treatment.
Physiotherapy describes both active and passive forms of therapy. In active therapy, the patient's independently executed movements are used to prevent or heal ailments. In passive therapy, this is done by treating the therapist.
When is physiotherapy used?
Physiotherapy is mainly used for prophylaxis, therapy and rehabilitation. To prevent illnesses or injuries, for example, work-related bad posture can be prevented. Here, our own body awareness should be trained to such an extent that, for example, a bad posture when sitting is recognized and so each of us can do something for our health.
Physiotherapy is also used in inpatient and outpatient treatment. This can support the healing process of orthopedic diseases and improve our quality of life.
Physiotherapeutic treatments are also used for rehabilitation after long illnesses or accidents. After a stroke, for example, the patient's mobility and motor skills can be improved in this way, making it easier to start everyday life.
The core goals of physiotherapy include:
- Support of metabolism and blood circulation
- Relief from pain, or at least pain relief
- Increase in endurance and strength
- Training of coordination and mobility
These fundamental impact goals do not exist separately from one another, but are often mutually dependent.
Physiotherapy is not only used in the case of illness, but also in the wellness area. This can increase mental and physical well-being. A pleasant break from everyday life!
- How do you tell him
- Why can't a predictable signal convey information
- What is hostile to grandeur
- How do you see lesbian relationships 1
- Top IT Companies in India 2018
- What celebrities went to school together
- How has the printing press changed America
- What was your craziest experience
- What was the tuition fee for the secretariat
- What is Hydroluxe Serum
- What are Nadi Astrology Secrets
- What does the biggest word mean
- Which hybrid smartwatch has the most features
- Kurdistan is already divided
- Is Sioux City Iowa dangerous
- Why I can't speak English well
- Which snake is viviparous
- What is the Benadryl dosage for infants
- Why can't you reach heaven
- A Komodo dragon is a lizard
- How safe is the Airbus A321
- What does Kol Khara mean
- Education what exactly is a scholar
- What are some Chicago Cubs' superstitions
- Safe is excess heat on a fireplace
- Is civil infringement a crime?
- Will Brexit affect online businesses in Europe?
- What are the disadvantages of naming
- What was your hottest festival or concert
- How is the weight of a boat calculated
- All roofs need a Whirlybird
- Is a movie trailer a montage
- What is the meaning of normalization