Petroleum jelly can cause cancer in humans
Carcinogenic? Cosmetics with dangerous ingredients
Cosmetic articles should make you beautiful, but in no case sick! It is all the more shocking that reports keep cropping up by Products with potentially carcinogenic or otherwise harmful ingredients to report. We explain to you which ingredients are meant exactly and what you should definitely pay attention to on your next trip to the drugstore.
Hazardous ingredients: MOAH
In 2015, a report by Stiftung Warentest caused a sensation. The reason for this: At that time, 25 cosmetic articles from the drugstore were tested, of which actuallyall had an ingredient that maycarcinogenic is. These were so-called "Minaeral Oil Aromatic Hydrocarbons ", also abbreviated under the name"MOAH" known. This substance occurs mainly in cosmetics based on mineral oil. According to Stiftung Warentest, there were commercially available products at the time, such as Nivea cream, Penaten cream, Bi-Oil body oil, lip butter “Vanilla & Macadamia” from Labello, various brands of vaseline, “MedPlus” from Blistex and even “Baby Gentle” -Oil ”from Penaten and the“ skin and children's cream ”from Kaufmanns.
However, anyone who has used one or the other of these products does not have to panic right away. To date, it is suspected that Minaeral Oil Aromatic Hydrocarbons can cause cancer, but this has not yet been clearly proven, which is why very small amounts of MOAH are allowed in cosmetic products. However, we advise you to avoid using cosmetics with MOAH, after all, many manufacturers now expressly advertise that they do not use any ingredients based on mineral oil. If you are unsure, you should pay attention to whether ingredients such as Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffinum Subliquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Ceresin, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax or Vaseline appear in the description of the contents of your product. All of these substances fall under MOAH.
Hazardous ingredients: parabens
Also Parabens have fallen into disrepute in recent years. They are used as preservatives to make cosmetic products last longer. Unfortunately, they are also under suspicion upset the human hormonal balance. Parabens accumulate in the body and are therefore supposed to Affect reproduction. Also Cancers are said to be caused by parabens. It is good, however, that cosmetics with parabens are usually easy to expose. Therefore: Hands off products with ingredients that end in "-parabens"!
Hazardous ingredients: aluminum salts
Aluminum salts come mainly in deodorants in front. This is not only to prevent the smell of sweat, but also to prevent you from sweating in the first place. The problem with all this: The aluminum salts get through the skin into the body, where they supposedly accumulate Favoring Alzheimer's as well as carcinogenic should be. Fortunately, there are now many great alternatives that get by without aluminum salts and still keep you fresh for hours.
Hazardous ingredients: silicones
Silicones are most people know it. As Ingredient in hair and skin care products they leave behind a soft, well-groomed feeling after use. But that is deceptive! In truth, they close tightly around the skin and hair and prevent the scalp, for example, from absorbing nutrients. So that's that Drying out your mane preprogrammed! And that's not all: they too Pores become cloggedwhat leads to yourScalp dries out.
Hazardous ingredients: plasticizers (phthalates)
It is believed that too Plasticizers our Affect hormonal system negatively, cause allergic reactions and Can cause damage to the liver and kidneys. But where are plasticizers actually? This question is relatively easy to answer, since plasticizers - as the name suggests - are primarily intended to keep a product soft or elastic in addition to preservation. That means plasticizers mostly in jelly-like substancessuch as creams and ointments. But plasticizers can also be found in other cosmetic products. Are considered particularly dangerous Phthalateswhich are also among the plasticizers. You can recognize them by the ending “-phthalat” and the term “Alcohol denat.”. You will be a negative effect on the pancreas rumored to be related to diseases like diabetes can lead.
Hazardous ingredients: emulsifiers
With the help of Emulsifiers the beauty industry succeeds in mixing substances that would otherwise not combine, for example water and oil. The best-known group of emulsifiers are the “polyethylene glycols”, for short "PEGs". You have probably heard of this term before. But what's the problem with emulsifiers? Well, unfortunately this ingredient makes theThe sebum layer of the skin is attacked and destroyed. This means that our skin can no longer fend off harmful substances from the outside, but instead absorbs them straight away. The result: ours Skin dries out more and more. We actually want exactly the opposite from cosmetic products.
Hazardous ingredients: benzophenones
That weird sounding ingredient is especially in cosmetics with UV filters (for example, sunscreen and face cream). Anyone who uses products with a UV filter would like to protect their sensitive skin from carcinogenic solar radiation, which in principle also makes sense. Yet the product contains Benzophenones, then the application can even be really dangerous. The chemical UV filters accumulate in the body and are suspected of being hormonally effective and carcinogenic to be.
How can I check if my product contains dangerous ingredients?
Now we have introduced you to some ingredients that can be dangerous for your health. The bad news: there is unfortunately a lot more harmful ingredientssuspected of being carcinogenic or otherwise unhealthy to your body. Nevertheless, these can be found in many cosmetic products. Fortunately, there is also good news: With the help of some clever apps you can with your next purchase It is very easy to test which ingredients are present in your products and which of them are questionable. In order to avoid carcinogenic cosmetics in the future, we also advise you to use natural cosmetics, as these usually have to meet much stricter requirements with regard to their ingredients. But even that is not a complete guarantee, which is why it is best to download the apps mentioned below. Have fun testing and please don't forget: "Keep your eyes open when buying cosmetics!"
- The “CodeCheck” app is a real all-rounder and shows you what is really behind the ingredients of your food and cosmetics. Free for Android and iOS.
- "ToxFox" tests your beauty products for hormonal ingredients. Scan the barcode and off you go! Free for Android and iOS.
- The "NABU seal check" is actually intended to check food for its logos and thus for its environmental friendliness, but you can also find out more about cosmetics with the help of the app. Free for Android and iOS.
- The “COSMILE app” offers detailed information on over 23,000 ingredients based on the “International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients” (INCI). Free for Android and iOS.
- Music can help activate your chakras
- What types of bicycles are there
- How independent house is better than apartment
- Where do you get your weed from
- How much revenue do reality shows generate
- What is 74 out of 91
- What is conjugated linoleic acid good for?
- Like many Vulcan Drifters, Kawasaki has sold
- What makes a car an antique
- Why should Bitcoin Cash remove SegWit
- Why do Alabamians share DNA with cotton
- Does the anisotropic filtering affect the CPU or GPU
- What is the origin of Malawach
- Is this paragraph incomprehensible? What does the grammar look like?
- How do I install MOFO Linux
- What car trends do you hate
- What are the best GPUs for gaming
- How is testosterone converted to DHT
- How can I improve my software skills
- Is Maxthon a good browser
- What are some easy recipes for kimchi
- Where does Houzz collect his pictures from?
- Is there a future for corporate secretaries 2020
- Do you know your own weight
- How do you play Keharwa Taal
- Where can I find web developers online
- What force holds protons together?
- What is poisonous air
- Should evening shoes be tight
- What language did the jutes speak?
- How do you become more beautiful
- What is material poverty
- How was this earth created