Why my keyboard suddenly stopped working
hardware Keyboard has stopped working - You can do that
Many are familiar with the problem: your keyboard suddenly stops responding and it is impossible to enter data. This error can have various causes. In this article, we will show you various ways of solving the problem - regardless of whether you are sitting at the PC or in front of your laptop.
Keyboard on the PC
First, check whether the keyboard is correctly connected to your computer. Remove the keyboard and then reconnect it. If your keyboard is connected to your computer via USB, make sure that the USB port is properly seated. Also change the socket for test purposes, because a defect in a USB socket could also be the cause of the problem. Finally, restart your computer once and then check that the keyboard is working correctly again. If it doesn't, the next thing you can do is take a look at the keyboard driver.
Reinstall the driver
Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.display
Your keyboard is on strike despite checking the connection and reinstalling the driver? There may then be a defect. To check this, you can connect the keyboard to another computer. If it doesn't work there, it is very likely that the problem lies in the keyboard itself.
Tip: At heise.de we compared keyboards for you. In the test: 15 keyboards for writers and players
With laptops there is the special case that the keyboard could have been accidentally locked. The key lock is usually achieved by a combination of the [Fn] key with one of the [F1] to [F12] buttons triggered. Exactly which key is involved differs from manufacturer to manufacturer. Press [Fn] along with the button on which a small Keyboard or lock symbol to unlock the key. If there is no key lock, the driver could also be a possible source of error here. Problems can arise after Windows updates, especially if it was installed from a CD. Check if the latest Windows version is available on your laptop and reinstall the driver if necessary. You can read here how to update the driver.
Tip: In this way you can force a Windows update on your computer.
quick start Guide
- Open the Control panel and choose "system and safety" out.
- Then go to "system".
- Select the point "Device manager" out.
- Click the arrow next to "Keyboards"and then do one Right click on your keyboard and uninstall You them.
- Start Your calculator New. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.
- What is a two week diet plan
- How many players are in basketball
- What does a three-piece suit contain
- Do Austrians speak a Bavarian dialect
- Can a botany student crack a cat?
- What is a sunlight behavior
- Supports the Redmi Note 7 5G
- What is the etymology of wiretapping
- Which decibel is used for measuring
- How is the speed of light measured
- Will Hodor return as Wight
- Why are planets more complex than stars
- Why do people start to work
- What is the legality of Clinton emails
- How real is the flat earth theory
- What's so attractive about YA novels
- Serverless is the future of web applications
- Why should teachers never hit children
- How good is Sennheiser Momentum Earphones
- Which species has the largest biomass
- Is atheism based on science
- Are there any scholarships for DevMountain?
- Is it worth it to practice questions about USACO
- Why don't Indian girls like shy men?