When will the next generation graphics from NVIDIA arrive?
RTX 4000: First indications of the next generation of graphics cards from Nvidia
The currently strongest graphics cards are hardly available on the free market, but the first rumors of a new generation of hardware from Nvidia are already emerging.
Well-known leaker fuels rumors
The well-known Twitter leaker kopite7kimi had already accurately predicted the latest specifications of Nvidia's current amp architecture in mid-2019. Now he's trying again. On December 10th, he posted a picture of Ada Lovelace. The British woman who lived from December 10, 1815 to November 27, 1852, is considered to be the first woman programmer in human history. This is relevant because Nvidia names its own graphics card architectures after well-known mathematicians.
On December 28th, kopite7kimi again made people sit up and take notice with a tweet. The specification 12 * 6 is therefore to be understood as GPC * TPC, i.e. raster engines (GPC) times texture processing cluster (TPC). The GA102 chip, which is built into the RTX 3090 and RTX 3080, is based on a 7 * 6 structure. If the numbers are actually true, the next generation of NVIDIA graphics cards will see a large increase in core numbers and theoretical computing power.
But a short time after the tweet was published, criticism spread in the comments. Because there is already a scaling problem with the Nvidia graphics cards. If this could be fixed, the current Ampere architecture graphics cards would increase the performance by 50 percent.
Of course, it remains to be seen whether the rumors about the latest architecture will come true. The cards would certainly not appear before 2022. The 3DCenter website nevertheless created a graphic that illustrates the difference in performance between the different generations. (fpz, December 30, 2020)
- Can people create real value
- Why is retinol good for the skin
- Is bad debt an asset
- How do I feel less hungry
- How safe are the Maldives
- 700 WLW is a worthwhile radio station
- Are all Jews identifiable by genetic testing?
- How heavy is the physical internet
- Creates Moong Dal Gas
- How is social engineering successful
- How old is the Welsh language
- How can I send Christmas greetings online
- How does mRNA replicate the nucleotide sequence of DNA
- What did John Cabot achieve
- What should you do after a tornado
- What do software developers do on vacation
- Can you decipher the word atrt?
- What is the CMMI
- Who invented the keyboard 7
- What was fascist Austria like before 1938
- Why are the good-looking people usually assholes
- What are some unsolved mysteries about psychology
- What's one thing that Amsterdam lacks
- What is the name of the president