What's wrong with my new computer
Set up the PC again: Reset Windows 10 to factory settings
Your PC is littered with old programs and has become really slow as a result? Or even worse, have you caught a virus and now want to restart your PC?
Get rid of legacy issues and give your PC or laptop a second spring. We'll show you how.
Reset Windows 10
There are two ways to set up your PC again:
- Reinstall Windows 10 using a DVD or a bootable USB stick
- Via the Windows 10 system recovery
Checklist: What do you have to consider when setting up a new PC?
If you want to set up your PC again, you should first make a thorough backup of all personal data, emails and browser histories. An overview of all required programs also helps to get the PC back to work quickly after the reinstallation.
Use the following checklist to check whether you have thought of everything:
- Create a backup of personal data
- Secure passwords
- Save games
- Back up emails
- Save favorites in the browser (export bookmarks)
- Create a list of all currently installed programs
- Download drivers (graphics card, printer, etc.)
- Read out or search for activation keys
Instructions: Restore the PC using Windows System Recovery
- Follow the path Start> Settings> Update and Security> Recovery. Then click the “Let's go” option under “Reset this PC”.
- You will then be asked whether you want to “keep your own files” or set up the PC from scratch: “Remove everything”.
- In the next step, you can choose whether you want to just delete the files (the faster option) or completely clean the drive (the slower but safer option).
Tip: Even if it takes longer, we recommend that you clean the drive completely.
- The PC starts resetting.
- The installation is finished after a few minutes. After that, you have to adapt Windows 10 to your needs before using it for the first time. Here you can use the express settings - especially popular with inexperienced users. We recommend the custom configuration.
- In the next step, set your user name and a secure password.
- Click “Next” to complete the installation.
Conclusion on the PC set up again
If you are struggling with your computer - be it due to a virus or something similar - or if you just want to set it up fresh, you can do this in just a few steps using Windows System Restore
If you have treated yourself to a new hard drive, for example an upgrade to an SSD hard drive, a new installation using a DVD or a bootable USB stick is suitable.
Contact us now free of charge and without obligation - our team of experts will be happy to help you competently at any time.
You can reach us by phone Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 24/7 by email or using our contact form.
Do you like the article? Share it on Facebook!
- What if I have a pending case
- Wind energy saves consumers money
- Where does the earth's oxygen come from?
- Kill Tea Tree Oil Laeuse
- What is the UN model
- How did the Mayans know about astronomy?
- Can you recommend underrated piano pieces
- Why breed hybrid seeds isn't it
- Why are some places haunted
- What do you want from a therapist
- Loved Itachi Izumi
- Allows Discord deepfakes
- Why do organizations need creativity
- Why is skydiving so exciting
- Are lovers of the dark evil people
- Who is the owner of the Zebion company
- Are Mac products worth the price
- Who is responsible for a misdiagnosis of the car?
- Is Anurag Kashyap Bollywood's answer to Hollywood
- What do you regret on Quora
- Why did you go to the military police
- Which company motorcycles can survive most accidents
- What is an array list
- The McDonalds franchise model fails