What was the Afghan war
The war in Afghanistan began in 2001 under the leadership of the United States. The aims were to persecute the terrorists of the Al-Qaida organization and to overthrow the Taliban ruling in the country. Until 2014, soldiers from over 40 different nations were stationed in the country, including from Germany, under the NATO mission ISAF. Today there is the successor mission of NATO "Resolute Support". 980 soldiers of the Bundeswehr take part in this.
How is the war effort in Afghans justified?
The governments of the countries that are deployed in Afghanistan justify the war by saying that they want to bring freedom, democracy and self-determination to Afghanistan. That is also an important contribution to the fight against terrorism. However, parts of the population do not see the military as a liberator, but rather as an occupier. There are also critical voices from the population in Germany and in many other countries. They accuse the governments involved in the war that they are primarily concerned with the influence in the region of Afghanistan and its neighboring countries.
What does the mission in Afghanistan look like in the future?
It became apparent that the war in Afghanistan could not be won militarily by the participating states. Added to this was the enormous cost of waging war. That is why most of the foreign troops left the country in 2014. The Afghan government is now said to be responsible for security in the country itself. The NATO follow-up mission is expected to last another 10 years. This is all about training the Afghan armed forces.
- Which life is better engineering or modeling
- What is credit economy
- Is driving a bus an ability?
- What are the different methods of curing cancer
- Are triphthongs really phonemes in English
- How are the hostels in NIT Allahabad
- What is a scientific value
- What is the worst beer in china
- How does Bangalore benefit from Hosur
- Are the giants a dynasty?
- When can I use my Switchblade?
- Is Kanye West a winner
- What is 89 89 90 90 1
- Where does Hurricane Barry meet
- What is literature and linguistics
- Hillary Clinton is rich
- Can you live without muffins
- How often do you read books again?
- Hate your job
- James Anderson has pace
- What skills should every PMP know
- Which are the most mispronounced fashion brands
- Should I give an F1 visa again
- Why do we do disco