What is the name of Fe2 SO4 3
Ferric sulfate is a chemical compound from the group of sulfates.
Iron (III) sulfate occurs as a waste product from the chemical industry. Furthermore it occurs as coquimbit (nonahydrate) or quenstedtite (decahydrate) as sedundary mineral.
Extraction and presentation
Iron (II) sulfate monohydrate FeSO4·H2When heated to a temperature above 400 ° C, O decomposes to form basic iron (III) sulphate and sulfur dioxide. It is also formed during the decomposition of iron (II) sulfate heptahydrate FeSO4· 7 H2O in air, which takes place very quickly and with the release of water and oxidation. On an industrial scale, iron (III) sulfate is obtained by adding sulfuric acid and an oxidizing agent (e.g. nitric acid or hydrogen peroxide) to a hot iron (II) sulfate solution.
Iron (III) sulfate forms iron alum with alkali or ammonium sulfate, such as iron (III) ammonium alum (NH4) Fe (SO4)2· 12 H.2O, which is used as an indicator in argentometry.
Iron (III) sulfate is used to precipitate phosphate in large sewage treatment plants and as a pickling agent (e.g. for aluminum and steel). A hemostatic and astringent effect is known in medicine.
- ↑ 2,02,1CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 90th Edition, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, 2009, ISBN 978-1-4200-9084-0, Section 4, Physical Constants of Inorganic Compounds, p. 4-69.
- ↑ 3,03,1data sheet Iron (III) sulfate hydrates at Sigma-Aldrich, accessed March 29, 2011.
- ↑ Since December 1, 2012, only GHS hazardous substance labeling has been permitted for substances. Until June 1, 2015, the R-phrases of this substance can still be used to classify preparations, after which the EU hazardous substance labeling is of purely historical interest.
- ↑ MSDS from MartinBaker.
- ↑ Iron (II) sulfate heptahydrate at Seilnacht.
- What is vaping meth
- What do you think about makeup
- What is cotton silk
- Why is realism so depressing
- Which enzyme breaks down sulfur
- What is an internet domain
- Which are the world's best aloe vera types
- I want to be a vampire opinion
- What is a tie in golf
- What do you think of Beto ORourke
- Why are designer products expensive
- What does architecture mean
- What is the record temperature in Cyprus
- Is Qatar an ally of the US?
- Is Justin Bieber overrated
- Why should I never visit New Dehli
- Is myopia control limited to orthokeratology
- Who is your favorite author for American children
- Are diet syrups healthy?
- Where did you study 1
- What is the future of video marketing
- Has grammar definitions for writing
- What technological innovations come from India
- What does dancing with the daffodils mean?