Do we know what we want
We know what we want
A women's revolution is taking place in northern and eastern Syria.
But what does that actually mean?
A grassroots democracy project has been set up in northern and eastern Syria since 2011, which ideologically relates to the Kurdish freedom movement. The main idea behind this is the concept of democratic confederalism, which is based on gender equality, grassroots democracy and ecology. The social transformation process is also known as the women's revolution. But what does it make?
The editorial collective conducted interviews with women who answered this question from their perspective and described the implementation of the women's revolution in practice. Central to her stories is the lived resistance, not only against military attacks on the region, but also against patriarchal structures in society. They report on the organization in councils, the construction of an alternative economy and why autonomous, feminist organization is needed for this. In addition to a historical classification of the Kurdish women's movement and its ideological reference points, the book shows the importance of feminist organization for a global perspective on social change.
The editorial collective traveled as a feminist delegation of the “Fight Together” campaign from Germany to the north and east of Syria in the winter of 2018/19 in order to better understand what a women's revolution can mean.
New release: "We know what we want"
Members of the collective of editors present the book in an interview with ANF. (20/01/2021)
"It's a Middle East Revolution"
Conversation on feminist struggles in re: volt magazine (08/03/2021)
"Not a pipe dream, but reality"
Kerem Schamberger on kritisch-lesen.de (12/04/2021):
“It's finally here: a detailed description of Rojava's women's revolution. If you want to deal with how one of the largest feminist movements in the world not only conceives liberation in theory, but also realizes it in practice, you have to read this book. "
- What are the best ideas for a healthy dinner
- What's your rating of homestuck
- Is spanish easy to speak
- Can you mail a check
- Why was the Jasenovac concentration camp never liberated?
- What is the advantage of Binance Exchange
- People still hate the Irish
- What is the name of the swipe machine
- Stones float on lava
- How is the retail business
- What's your favorite emo rap song
- How do you stop shaking with nerves
- Do scientists think ethicists are annoying
- Who is the Prime Minister of Turkey
- WooCommerce has a thank you page
- What can I do about painful memories
- What are the other opportunities in business
- Can dolphins talk
- What is the full form of the camera
- How do I use a WiFi extender
- Does caffeine cause children to become hyperactive
- How effective is Modafinil in treating ADHD
- How can I get healthy hair
- Girls wear skirts and boots sweetly