What is your current fitness goal
Set realistic fitness goals
The Simple Truth About Achieving Your Goals
Whether you're looking to lose weight, build muscle, or increase your stamina, it's important to tailor your workout to your goals. That seems obvious, but almost everyone who starts exercising eventually finds their enthusiasm weaker the further their goals go. One way not to give up the exercise is to make sure that your goals are realistic and that you have a specific plan to help you achieve those goals.
Common fitness goals
If you repeatedly fail to adhere to your goals, it means that either your goal is unachievable or you haven't figured out exactly what to do to achieve it. It helps to have a clear idea of what you want and the basics of what goes with it.
Losing fat is probably the most common goal these days and is easiest to burn more calories than you eat. If you burned an additional 500 calories a day, you would lose about a pound a week. You can't choose where to lose fat - spot training doesn't work because your body draws energy from all over your body when you exercise, not just the area you are exercising.
While weight loss is a common goal, there are many people who have trouble keeping the weight off. In this case, your goal might be to build muscle, which, believe it or not, can be just as difficult in losing weight. Building muscle, like losing weight, requires careful attention to your exercise and diet with a focus on eating more calories than you burn and lift heavy weights.
Lifting weights can give you muscle, but going to a serious size requires serious work, extra calories, and dedication.
Training for a race or sport often requires a different approach than if your goal were to lose weight or gain muscle. Your main focus should be on what you are training for.
If you want to run a marathon, most of your training will involve running. If you want to be better at basketball, your workout will be going to high-intensity jumps, side-to-side movements, and of course, basketball. Whatever you're training for, you usually want to include cross training. For example, you can lift weights to keep your body strong, to run with other activities, or to exercise, to use your body in other ways and avoid injury.
Being healthy is probably the easiest goal to achieve as there are many things one can do right now to be healthy. Have some water, eat fruit, take a walk, etc. Even a few minutes of exercise have a number of health benefits, some being experienced immediately and some that may come over time. Learn more about getting well.
- Calculate your BMR.
- Determine how many calories you will burn during daily activity.
- Add # 1 and # 2 to get your total calories, which is how many calories you need each day to maintain your current weight.
- Reduce this amount by around 250 to 500 calories, but avoid less than around 1200 calories (depending on your height) so you don't end up starving your body.
- Write down how many calories you eat and how many you burn each day. If that number is higher than your total calories, then you know you need to reduce the calories you eat and / or increase your exercise to create a calorie deficit.
The simple truth
To lose a pound, you need to burn around 3500 calories. If you burn a total of 500 calories each day with exercise AND dieting, you will lose a pound in about 7 days.
If you are consuming more calories than you are burning, you will either need to exercise more, eat less, or a combination of both.
If my BMR is 1500 calories and I burn 500 calories while exercising, it will take 2000 calories to maintain my current weight. To lose a pound a week, I need to eat around 1500 calories a day and burn 500 calories a day with cardio and weight training.
- Eating a balanced diet means getting all of the nutrients you need to keep you feeling good all day and having enough energy for your workouts.
- Keeping track of what you are eating will help you avoid mindless snacks and meals when you are not really hungry
- Drink enough. The thirst sometimes shows up as hunger pains.
- A complete workout includes weight training, cardiovascular training, and flexibility exercises.
- If you have been hungry all day, you are either not eating enough or your meals are not satisfactory. A combination of carbohydrates, protein, and fat will help you feel full for a longer period of time.
1. Make an appointment with your doctor so that you can start exercising.
2. Start exercising.
- Treat yourself to many days of relaxation so that you don't burn out.
- Stretch every single day. Don't argue ... just do it.
- Be active. Don't sit in a word processing coma at the computer all day. Get up and walk around every 30 minutes.
- Hire a personal trainer if you have no idea what you are doing or if you have a chronic injury / illness.
- Drink water all day. Don't argue ... just do it.
- Eat some fruits and vegetables. Eat them often. Enjoy them. Don't argue ... just do it.
- Reward yourself for a good job with new clothes, a massage, or a night on the town.
- Be proud of yourself for being so damn healthy.
- Donald Trump is a vulgar pig
- Some jobs actively encourage arrogant behavior
- Industrial automation has a good scope
- How does Yogyakarta Indonesia look like
- How do I start a website like Freecharge
- What is your favorite cooking smell
- Would Trump support the universal basic income
- Why don't I feel most of the negative emotions
- Why didn't Google+ compete with Facebook
- Why are cumulonimbus clouds dark
- How is bullying handled in the military
- How can a person invest their money
- How can vegans order from Chipotle
- Can a child with mild autism speak?
- Are there sharks in Greece
- What is an online service
- Why do real estate prices never fall
- What is deep packet inspection
- Is the future safe for humans?
- What does the GRE exam cost
- Is hypertension the same as hyperflexia
- What is a wok burner used for?
- Offers Amazon ISBN numbers
- How did you get clearer skin
- Is the IRS linked to immigration
- Who are the best photographers in Bangalore
- Has grammar definitions for writing
- Can Han Solo return as a ghost
- What music is popular with Japanese nationalists
- Is Kaspersky Anti Virus Software Russian Spyware
- Is Don Bradman completely overrated
- What increases the volume of sperm