Which companies make air quality sensors
One of the most important factors in monitoring air quality is the accuracy and reliability of the measurement equipment and knowledge of its measurement characteristics. This directly influences the accuracy and reliability of the air quality data obtained. Inaccurate measurement data comes with an inherent uncertainty; interventions carried out on their basis run the risk of missing their target. If the initial situation of the local air quality is unknown, it is difficult to identify optimization potential and plan measures.
This is exactly why we at Breeze Technologies place great value on data quality and measurement accuracy. Thanks to our award-winning technology, the Adaptive cloud calibration, the measurement data obtained by the sensors are regularly recalibrated. This is done in three steps:
- Technical plausibility check of the air quality data: First, the data is checked for plausibility. The data collected here flow directly into the function monitoring of the sensors - in case of doubt, our system notes that maintenance of the sensor is necessary. We are thus following the “predictive maintenance” approach.
- Correction of external influencing factors (real-time calibration): In the next step, external influencing factors (e.g. temperature and humidity fluctuations, signs of age, cross-sensitivities and sensor drift) are calculated out. The final measured value is then available via the various applications and the API.
- Plausibility check of the air quality data based on location factors: Our artificial intelligence finally checks the data for compatibility with the location and local location factors, historical air quality and climate data and data from similar locations. This data is also incorporated into the maintenance cycles.
Of course, we regularly check the data collected by our air quality sensors with regard to measurement accuracy and reliability:
- Laboratory measurements: We create controlled atmospheric conditions in appropriate gas laboratories. For this purpose, the air quality sensors are installed in a hermetically sealed chamber. This is flooded with a so-called zero gas, a neutral gas to which the sensors do not react. An example of such a zero gas is nitrogen. From this point on, the exact concentration of the gas mixture in the chamber is known. Then, with the help of a gas mixer, different concentrations of test gases - in this case the air pollutants to be measured - are introduced. Using the data collected by the air quality sensors and the already known concentrations in the gas mixing chamber, cross-sensitivities of the measurement technology can be identified in order to resolve them in our real-time calibration.
- Field measurements on existing measurement infrastructure: The accuracy of the sensors in the field can be checked by placing air quality sensors at existing air measuring stations. We work with various partners and install our own measuring devices on the calibrated (traditional) measuring stations of our partners. The data collected by the air quality sensors and the air measuring stations can then be compared directly. In corresponding tests, our measuring devices achieved an R ^ 2 of up to ~ 0.95 compared to a measuring device with a list price of several hundred thousand euros (see Figure 1).
- Trend analyzes in comparison to surrounding air measuring stations: We carry out corresponding trend analyzes for longer installations of air quality sensors. Here we compare the urban air quality curves as recorded by our air quality sensors and other stationary air measuring stations. Figure 2 shows a comparison of one of our sensors in Hamburg-Rothenburgsort with the surrounding public measuring stations in the city of Hamburg. Since the measuring devices are a certain distance apart, the data naturally do not match 100%. However, the trends are the same.
The accuracy and reliability of our air quality sensors is a top priority at Breeze Technologies. If you have any further questions about our sensors, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- What's your rating of AMD Ryzen
- What makes a great animation role
- Why does motion sickness make you sick
- Are lesbians more gay than gay men
- Which fabric removes waste
- Is PTE easy or difficult
- Can you die from the placebo effect?
- How does the voltage affect the current?
- What weapon is considered a peashooter
- Why can't I stand each other
- How effective is Modafinil in treating ADHD
- What is goiter
- How do you get pen ink out
- A contact is required for the moisture measurement
- What is your preferred pant style
- RFID is an old technology
- What is the price of Realme 3i
- What's in the best survival kit
- Have you ever met Koenige
- Who sang the pop song Sucker in 2019
- What are the functions under a number
- What is UniRef in bioinformatics
- What's the problem with Sonu Nigam
- Which particle has a strong nuclear force?