What is meant by Gauss, distributed
Gaussian normal distribution; an especially important probability distribution in inferential statistics named after C.F. Gauss. The density function of a normal distribution with the parameters μ and σ2> 0 has the form
1. The parameters of the normal distribution are the expectation μ and the variance σ2. Using the standard transformation, normal distributions with any parameter position can be incorporated into the Standard normal distribution (μ = 0; σ2 = 1) can be transferred. If the random variable X has a normal distribution with the parameters μ and σ2, then the random variable (X-μ) / σ has a standard normal distribution. For the evaluation of the density function or distribution function of the standard normal distribution exist Tables, in which values of the distribution function are recorded. The tables of the standard normal distribution can therefore be used to evaluate any normal distribution.
2. Properties: When graphically represented, the density function of a normal distribution results in a bell-shaped curve that is symmetrical to the straight line x = μ. The expected value μ coincides with the mode and the median. The bell curve has turning points at the abscissas μ + σ and μ - σ. For a μ-normally distributed random variable X, the following applies (rounded values): P (μ - σ ≤ X ≤ μ + σ) = 0.6827; P (µ - 2σ X µ + 2σ) = 0.9545; P (μ - 3σ ≤ X ≤ μ + 3σ) = 0.9973.
See figure "normal distribution".
3. Importance: Approximately normally distributed characteristics are occasionally to be observed in the economy and in the technical-scientific field. For example, if the sample size is large, the sample average (arithmetic mean) can be regarded as approximately normally distributed under suitable conditions even if nothing is known about the distribution of the population. This can be justified by the central limit value theorem. Under certain conditions, the normal distribution is used to approximate many theoretical distributions, such as the binomial distribution, the hypergeometric distribution, the Poisson distribution or the chi-square distribution.
- Is driving a bus an ability?
- Are there any books about hiring employees?
- Can you mail a check
- Are Space Marines sterile
- Should evening shoes be tight
- What is the purpose of great literature
- What is the etymology of pusillanimous
- Stone Mountain is a state park
- How will virtual reality affect customer service
- What's your rating of Gears 5
- To what extent are the Chinese Confucians
- FHA loans have prepayment penalties
- Who are some Bollywood gold diggers
- What are the good english courses
- What is a sandhill crane
- How do I make my brain stronger
- What causes rashes
- What makes high-level programming languages secure
- Why are interpersonal skills called soft skills
- What is an analytical laboratory
- Are tattoos forbidden in Christianity
- How was your UPPSC before 2018
- Can you eat tomatoes instead of vegetables?
- What is the formula for liquid nitrogen?