The keywords for LinkedIn groups are changing
Your B2B marketing to-do list on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a social network specializing in work and careers. LinkedIn is now available in 24 languages and is the world's largest professional network with over 660 million users in 200 different countries. In addition, its importance in the field of B2B online marketing is steadily increasing.
This is due on the one hand to the high number of users and on the other hand to the fact that, above all, specialists and decision-makers are among the active members of the platform. In addition, LinkedIn offers many tools and analysis instruments on its platform that you can use to help ensure the success of your company website.
These 5 items should be on your to-do list
In order to be able to exploit the potential and the possibilities that are offered, you have to make sure that you set up and manage your company profile in a practical manner. Here we show the five key tips to get you started.
1. Thu: Representative profile
Full company pages get 30% more views per week, according to LinkedIn. Therefore, the following information should not be missing in your company profile:
Your company logo
The logo is the figurehead of your company, so you will be recognized immediately, even with a cursory glance.
Your company data
Enter the most important key data of your company. This includes your website url, location, industry and company size information.
Overview "About us"
Write a meaningful description in which you introduce your company. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Company history: where do we come from?
- Future vision: where do we want to go? What do we want to achieve?
- Values: What guiding principle shapes our actions?
- Positioning: Who are our customers and where do we see ourselves?
- Products / services: Which products / services and service offerings are part of our portfolio? What solutions can we offer?
CTA button: custom CTA button
LinkedIn offers a pre-selection of five different call-to-action buttons that you can customize:
- Log In: Link to the newsletter registration form
- Contact: Link to your contact page and / or your contact details
- Learn more: Link to a specific landing page (or your website)
- to register: Link to your webinar offers or other dates for which registration is necessary
- Visit website: Link to your company website
If you use these, you can increase the traffic on your website or the number of registrations for your newsletter. In addition, the buttons are equipped with click-through analysis so that the page administrator can track the interaction.
All contact details should be visible at a glance in order to reduce the inhibition threshold for making contact.
2. Do: Act actively and purposefully
A basic idea of networks is to gain visibility and users for your company. LinkedIn provides a variety of tools for this and makes work easier, but it is not enough to just create a profile. You need to be and stay active on a regular basis.
Due to the constant maintenance, you have an active and up-to-date page that presents your company in the best possible way and can be easily found by interested parties.
Weekly updates bring up to twice as much engagement.LinkedIn guide best practices
Post content when members are most active. That is - we are dealing with a professional network - the time on working days between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Planning: content and intervals
In advance, it is important to determine a person who is primarily responsible for your LinkedIn company profile and the updates. As the administrator, primarily responsible for planning and implementation, she ensures that your profile is always up to date.
What content is suitable for regular posting?
Ultimately, you can use all sorts of information from your business and marketing to post on LinkedIn. Above all, it is important that the content is relevant to your target group. Here are a few suggestions:
- Notes on a new post on your website or blog, new products, announcement of the dates of webinars or participation in an online trade fair are all suitable for small daily posts.
- If there's no news to speak of, an eye-catching graph with a quote or meaningful statistic is also a good choice.
- Share interesting reports from your industry association or other industry giants. If your followers can benefit from this, it makes sense to share content from external sources as well. Because even with content that does not come directly from you, you show that you know the current trends and developments in your industry.
- If you have enough content for this, you can establish regular series, for example the introduction of your employees in the form of a short portrait that changes weekly.
- You can effectively present short videos that address the specifics of your products and services. Depending on your product, it is also conceivable to introduce your suppliers or customers. You and your business partners benefit from this.
- How about a conversation starter? Ask interesting questions, including controversial ones, and encourage members to respond. Be sure to answer the comments. This type of exchange increases the performance of your post so that it can be seen by a wider audience.
If you don't have any relevant news, let the "LinkedIn Content Suggestions Tool" to inspire. Because this tool can give you an indication of which topics and content are currently trending for your target group. It can also be worth taking a look at what your competitors are posting. Perhaps there are topics that you have not previously considered and that are worth updating.
Which intervals are feasible?
How often you bring updates naturally also depends on what time you can afford and how much interesting and relevant content you have at your disposal. This will show up after a certain time and you should then adjust the frequency to what is feasible. Daily postings that have no added value for your followers are not recommended. Here quality comes before quantity.
Make a plan - a kind of content calendar with which you can keep track of what you have already published and what is coming up.
The best way to grow your audience and keep your followers is to add value to visitors to your LinkedIn business page by regularly posting relevant articles or company news.
Also, think about the interaction within your feed. Scroll through your feed and click on the "Like" button on interesting posts and comment where appropriate.
3rd Thu: networking
A network lives from connections. Create a business social network that has exchange and traffic.
Invite the people you are already in contact with to follow your company profile as well: This is a great way to increase the number of followers at the beginning. First of all, of course, you should address your employees. And also your partner companies, because “quid pro quo” applies here: you both benefit from following each other. You will keep up to date and can expand your contact.
It certainly also depends on the industry you are in, but following your competitors so they can follow suit can be mutually beneficial here too.
There are other simple ways to get followers. However, some of them should not be done too often so that you don't get on the nerves of the other person:
- Include a follow button on your website and add a link to your LinkedIn profile in your email signature.
- Use other social platforms to draw attention to your profile.
- Use thematically appropriate hashtags in your postings to attract attention. You can have three hashtags associated with your company page so that they can be viewed by hashtag feed members.
- Comment on postings from other sites to increase your visibility.
- And of course: Share your job advertisements so that job seekers follow you.
Join and create groups
LinkedIn groups offer you the opportunity to get to know key people and make contacts. In addition, you stay informed about current topics.
On the one hand, you can find suitable groups and join them, or you can set up closed groups yourself in addition to your company profile. This allows you to specialize content and tailor it to the group members. If you manage to offer relevant information, you can increase your reach in this way.
You can start up to 30 groups, but for the time being, limit yourself to the essentials.
How do you start a group?
- Consider topic: Pick a topic that is important to your customers.
- Group Information / Description: Optimize your group information to include the keywords that potential members are likely to search for.
- You can add up to three industries to each group that relate to it and its content.
It is important to be active - regardless of whether you are in your own group or in a joined group. Those who do not participate will not be seen. Comment on the posts if you have something relevant to say and mark posts as “like”.
For your own groups the following also applies:
- Discussions begin
- Create surveys,
- Enable exchange,
- Moderate postings and remove spam.
4. Do: Use different content formats
The most successful content marketing strategies contain different formats - from snackable content to infographics to videos and long-form content. You can easily integrate all of these formats into your content mix on LinkedIn.
Posts with images typically get twice as many comments. Videos bring five times more engagement on LinkedIn.LinkedIn guide best practices
As usual on platforms, LinkedIn offers a variety of content formats:
- Snackable content
- Long-form content, such as LinkedIn articles
- Picture collages
- Appointment notices
Learn more: Communicate precisely with snackable content
The right content mix brings variety to your feed.
In the beginning, these formats are sufficient. Over time, familiarize yourself with the other options. LinkedIn also offers support here. You can view content suggestions that LinkedIn believes are suitable for your target audience.
5. Thu: Use targeted targeting
Direct and personalized addressing of customers and prospects avoids wastage and shows that you know your target group. But why should this be particularly possible on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn profiles are characterized by the fact that the members have a great interest in keeping their profiles authentic and up to date - after all, they want to present themselves professionally here and possibly also take further career steps.
This gives you the opportunity to optimally combine the various targeting criteria for your target group (s). There are various criteria to choose from: language, interests, location, career, company position, industry or company size.
With every update, every posting on LinkedIn, you can determine the group of people who should receive your message in the feed, so it is possible to tailor your content precisely to the user - and remove those users for whom the content is irrelevant.
If you're ready to invest money, LinkedIn Ads can be an option for you.
Finally: regular success monitoring
An important element of a successful profile on LinkedIn is success monitoring. Via LinkedIn you have access to a wealth of analytical tools that can help you to optimize your profile and your activities.
The analytics tool can be called up by the site administrator and is divided as follows:
Analyze how many new followers you have been able to gain and determine which actions will advance your profile.
Learn more about your company's website visitors through Visitor Analytics.
- Interaction ("Updates")
Find out how your visitors respond to your posts and how many comments they leave.
Familiarize yourself with the possibilities and determine over time what added value they can really bring you.
LinkedIn offers numerous possibilities to create a successful profile and to gradually optimize it. Since LinkedIn is gaining in importance as a platform, especially in the field of B2B online marketing, it should be a matter of course for companies to get involved.
At the beginning it is sufficient to exhaust the basic functions. However, this requires investing some time. Appoint a person who is responsible for your company profile. Make a plan and check regularly how your profile is developing.
There will be plenty of time for the costly tools - like LinkedIn Ads - once you are familiar with the rest of the functionality.
Take the first, essential step and create a complete and meaningful profile. We wish you every success in the next steps.
- Is HCV enough for AIIMS physics
- Who owns the Daily Mail UK
- Is Facebook actually useful for dating
- Is Thailand suitable for vegetarians
- How does a scientist use creativity?
- How do I sell my product
- How many can sisters be the same
- Google is still innovating at all
- Is water a good dielectric
- All triangles have a hypotenuse
- Where are Qualcomm chips made
- Is this picture authentic 1
- What are computer resources
- Who is your supernatural crush
- Why don't people like NPR
- What does industrial chemistry
- Who believes in Islam
- Do you like dominican republic
- What are different courses under PMKVY
- Why is air pollution bad for humans
- What does incognito mode do
- What can a music graduate work with
- How can a teenager afford overpriced technology?
- The Toyota Supra is really worth it