Why shouldn't we eat vomit?
Group practice Ziegler-Kirbach & Gehre
Under no circumstances can these instructions replace a medical examination and advice.
They relate to previously healthy children from toddler age.
Infants and young children should always see a doctor when in doubt.
- Do not give anything to drink or eat for about 1 hour after vomiting.
- Then drink very small amounts of water (non-carbonated),
- approx. every 5 min 1 tablespoon (NO COLA!)
- If this is well tolerated after about 1 hour, the quantities can be increased slowly,
also some vegetable soup or (chicken) broth.
- If you feel sick again, stop drinking immediately.
- If fluids are well tolerated and an appetite arises, offer a small portion of food,
e.g. rice, mashed potatoes, mildly steamed vegetables, crispbread.
- Repeatedly offer smaller portions.
- Drinks: water or herbal teas, also slightly sweetened (no fruit tea).
- A mild, healthy diet should be well tolerated again within 24 hours.
- No fatty food, sweets, sweet drinks (e.g. soft drinks, iced tea, lemon tea, lemonade, fruit juices) for the next few days.
- Apart from electrolyte solution, do not give any medication without consulting a doctor.
For general and personal protection, all family members should ...
- often wash your hands thoroughly
- Avoid contact with saliva (e.g. sharing kisses, glasses and cutlery, biting off the same bread)
When does the child have to see a doctor? If …
- they pass less urine and do not want to drink
- vomits repeatedly for more than 4-6 hours
- often has a lot of watery stools (more than 6 times a day, see tips on diarrhea)
- has severe abdominal pain
- it is very sleepy or quite restless
- there is a continuous fever above 39 ° C for more than 12 hours (help with documentation)
- parents are very worried
- What is the biological function of calmodulin
- Why are children always invalid?
- Is there a public college in Berlin?
- What is Ben Bradlee's legacy
- Can we join after the 11th grade
- Should people be vegan
- What is the story of Alexandria
- What is the Benadryl dosage for infants
- How do robots take control of people?
- Was cotton ever made in the UK?
- Where can I find good audio books
- The microwave emits radiation
- Importance of career guidance for career development
- Will the world ever stop using smartphones?
- What is the difference between goods and services
- Is there any science how to prove that
- Does SwiftUI work on iOS 12
- Are personal trainers worth it forever
- What is Embedded and Dynamic SQL
- How are STRs used in DNA profiling
- Delete 178
- How is an Escherian staircase created
- How is gravity on earth
- Why I can't speak English well
- What is objective and subjective writing
- Which is the best castor oil
- Do you feel sorry for me?
- Is LinkedIn really helpful to a marketer?
- Why should engineers do an MBA?
- What's your best SEO advice
- Is AI controllable
- Officers can go out with a crew army
- Why is ZARA called the price maker