Smokes the owner of Marlboro
Real cowboys who smoke real cigarettes - Marlboro has worked on this image for decades with its advertising campaigns. The battery-operated e-cigarette had so far had little place in the Altria Group, to which Marlboro belongs. The replacement cigarettes are not considered cool (if you still think smoking is cool), but not as harmful. In western countries, people have been smoking less and less for years - now the corporations are rushing to e-cigarettes, the harmfulness of which is still controversial.
The consumption of conventional cigarettes is also shrinking in the USA. Market leader Altria therefore also wants to earn money with e-cigarettes, reports the Wall Street Journal. The group buys the e-cigarette company Green Smoke for 110 million dollars. The company has established itself in the market via online trading since 2009.
Altria is currently testing its own e-cigarette brand "Mark Ten" in sales. With the acquisition of Green Smoke, the group is now trying to catch up in the rapidly growing e-cigarette market.
Altria controls about half of the American cigarette market. The number two and three US tobacco companies, Reynolds American and Lorillard, have already invested millions of dollars in developing e-cigarette brands. The group has had his name since 2003, previously he was called Philip Morris. Managers renamed him for fear that tobacco’s recent bad image could harm them. With more and more smoking bans and lawsuits from cancer victims, the pressure on the industry had increased.
Tobacco does not burn in an electronic cigarette. Instead, a nicotine-containing liquid evaporates with the help of a battery. The US food safety and medication authority warned consumers about the effects of e-cigarettes back in 2009. The corporations are free to decide how much nicotine they add to the liquid and how they manufacture the e-cigarette.
Before the end of this year, the authority is to submit a proposal on how the hitherto uncontrolled e-cigarette market can be regulated. That is because it is lawless "like the Wild West," said the head of the agency, Mitch Zeller.
- Share your CAT interview experience
- The beneficiaries of an annuity pay taxes
- What is the largest whale species historically
- Could Greg Oden have been like Shaq
- How can I watch a movie now
- Have you been selected in Infosys
- What is the ocean basin
- How is the break-in value calculated
- What would your fear landscape look like
- What do I need to start mining
- What is the trustworthy advice in Bangalore
- Top BPO Company in Australia
- Is nuclear energy effective
- What's your favorite J-rock song band
- What were your impressions of a visit to Kenya
- What will power nanobots
- What's good about simple sugars
- What is an Ascended Master
- Are there really fake agents
- How can I learn Django 2 0
- How to make money from home
- How to draw a diagram
- What illness do you have
- What is the full form of LAN
- Which social media does North Korea use
- How do you find happiness in silence
- What caused the collapse of Christianity
- What are some successful technology cooperatives
- How can I easily learn foreign alphabets?
- Can Muslims accept evolution?
- Which games make money
- What do software developers do on vacation
- How does PayPal calculate transaction fees?