How do you quote a poem
The following apply to verbatim quotation Regulate.
Clicking on the first letter leads to the ▪Examples.
A.The beginning and end of a quotation belong in Quotation marks / characters. (►)
W.hen within a quotation another utterance is "quoted" or something is highlighted in quotation marks, halve the double quotation mark.
Zitate even with peculiarities or strange punctuation true to the original be taken over.
W.hen you do not quote a coherent text in full, the Omissions with square brackets and three ellipses [ ] be marked.
F.Whenever certain parts of the quotation are to be emphasized, this must be shown as a change in the quotation. This is done, for example, by the following forms: [Emphasis added by the author].
W.If explanations have to be added, they have to be indicated. Basically: All changes (omissions, additions, explanations, emphasis, amalgamation, quotations in quoted sentences) to the original text must be marked.
W.hen a verbatim quotation is to be incorporated into your own text, the grammatical endings can be adjusted if the case is changed. However, this interference in the literal quotation must be clearly indicated.
B.When quoting lines of verse and stanzas, you can either reproduce them faithfully or by changing the lines Virgel Mark "/" or the end of the stanza with a double virgel "//".
D.ie Source (in the text or with footnotes or endnotes) must include the author, the Publishing year and the Page reference contain.
In the case of a "normal" exam in class, in which, for example, a text in German is analyzed, discussed or interpreted, it is usually sufficient for multi-page texts the exact specification of the page, with poems specifying the Verse and line of verse, for one-sided texts specifying the row.
In the case of dramatic texts, in addition to the page and / or verse, information about the act and the scene is added (e.g. Act IV, Scene 2, p.98 V 12). This information is usually given in brackets immediately after the quote.
Gert Egle, last edited on: 07/26/2020
- How to overcome paralyzing fear and anxiety
- Do electric guitars sound better as they age
- Which 3 words melt hearts instantly
- When are we going to explore a black hole?
- How can I prepare for biochemistry
- Which metal observes carbon dioxide
- Can young children read
- Vacuuming narcissists after a smear campaign
- Is this picture authentic 1
- What are the US Virgin Islands
- What does second hand smoking mean
- How does BITSAT compare to JEE main
- What is magnetoelectric energy
- How was the FinIQ written test
- Should people blame more victims
- Whey protein has side effects
- Can I download Apex Legends without origin
- What are the characteristics of even numbers
- What is inflation in Hindi
- How to shop at Chandni Chowk Delhi
- How can I get fair skin right away
- Which French words are rooted in Hebrew
- Why are some places haunted
- What makes an administrator
- Who better to Stray Children or Got7
- What is healthier salads or sushi rolls
- Which company in South Africa designs weapons
- Is there an end goal for evolution
- How we reproduce plastics
- What happened to the LiFi technology
- Who killed bin Laden?
- Is Gods Rubik's Cube number real?
- What are some good money meditation techniques