What are the characteristics of an ammeter
Voltage and current measurement
The quality class and other measurement errors
No measuring device shows the value to be measured with absolute accuracy. The construction of the instrument causes a display error. The manufacturer takes this into account by specifying a quality class. Further measurement inaccuracies are based on the personal reading error. The position of use of the instrument, the ambient temperature, the frequency range and external electromagnetic fields can cause further measurement inaccuracies.
The classification of the quality classes indicates the error value in percent based on the full scale. Industrial measuring devices have quality class 1 - 6 or 1.5 - 2.5 or 5 percent. For precision measuring devices, the values are 0.1 - 0.2 or 0.5 percent. This error value is constant over the entire range of the scale.
So that the device error cannot falsify the true measured value too much, the measurement should only be made in the upper 2/3 range of the scale. The diagram opposite shows the percentage error of the measured value depending on the scale range for a quality class of 5%. If 100 V are measured with this device at full scale, the true value can be between 95 ... 105 V. For the 50 V display, the inaccuracy of ± 5 V continues to apply. In relation to the measured value, however, this is an error of 10%. A measured value of 10 V then has an inaccuracy of 50%, which is no longer tolerable.
For more precise measurement in the upper range of the scale, the measuring device must be switched to an optimal measuring range.
Personal reading errors remain small if you align your eyes perpendicular to the pointer. If the scale is stored in a mirror, the pointer must be congruent with its mirror image. All other reading positions deliver readings that are too high or too low because of parallax, the shift on the line of the eye-pointer-scale.
- How are schools in Amsterdam
- Boredom is the beginning of depression
- How should I improve the blog of Jesus Shines
- Is hypertension the same as hyperflexia
- Is Saregama Carvaan worth buying
- What is the Truman Doctrine
- What was your CLAT result in 2017
- How many can sisters be the same
- How do aqueducts transport water
- How do you draw this in MATLAB
- What food represents Jaipur best
- How do I solve slow networks
- Provides Toastmasters' fashion sense
- Is poultry part of animal husbandry?
- Why is air pollution bad for humans
- Joe Pesci is sick
- Why is Prince William supporting Aston Villa
- Why is television so difficult
- How can I create a website application?
- Can white tires reduce warming
- Why do horses have long hair
- What functions should a student's laptop have?
- Is my thought a delusion
- What is a relay state
- Why don't sociopaths care about others?
- How does alcohol affect the brain
- Who is the learned person in the world
- What are the uses of fans
- What is the purpose of international logistics
- Why do people take taxis 1
- What do you know about Richilieu
- Hardened bone cells
- How does the recruiting work