India is still developing the HAL Tejas
The HAL Tejas (Sanskrit: तेजस्? / i: "Luminous"), developed under the project name Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) is a light, supersonic multi-role fighter aircraft produced by the Indian company Hindustan Aeronautics.
The development of the aircraft intended as a replacement for the MiG-21 began in 1983. The first flight of the aircraft equipped with a jet engine and a delta wing took place on January 4, 2001. On May 4, 2003, the Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari VajpayeeTejas as a name for that originally Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) known aircraft, but this original name is still used by the public.
It is equipped with a quadruple redundant fly-by-wire control based on the HOTAS principle and modern avionics. These include multifunctional displays in the cockpit suitable for night vision goggles (including three 5-inch screens), FADEC controls for the engine, INS with laser gyro and pulse Doppler multi-mode radar. The aircraft, made of lithium-aluminum alloys, carbon fiber (45% of the structural mass) and titanium alloys, is equipped with a Martin-Baker ejection seat.
Originally, the LCA should be powered by the Indian Kaveri engine, which is still to be developed. After the Kaveri experienced increasing problems during the development phase, which could not be solved even with the help of the French engine manufacturer SNECMA, HAL resorted to the proven General Electric F404-GE-F2J3 for the first 41 copies of the Tejas and wrote out the final engine. The tender called for the delivery of finished engines as well as technology transfer and license construction of the engine in India. Candidates were the Eurojet EJ200 and the now selected General Electric F414-INS63. The contract was announced during the US President's state visit to India. It comprises a total of 99 (according to other sources 107) engines for 650 Million US $, with an option for 49 more.  The first eight engines will be delivered ready-made by GE, the remaining 91 are to be assembled in India from prefabricated assembly kits.
The Eurojet consortium advertised that the EJ200 was lighter than the competing engine, which meant that no changes to the design of the Tejas were required. It is not known to what extent the choice of the F-414 will throw back the LCA program due to the expected redesign.
Model name (identifier) - date of the first flight.
Technology Demonstator (TD)
- TD-1 (KH2001) - January 4, 2001
- TD-2 (KH2002) - June 6, 2002
- PV-1 (KH2003) - November 1, 2003
- PV-2 (KH2004) - December 2, 2005
- PV-3 (KH2005) - December 2, 2006 - production variant.
- PV-4 - Initially planned as a marine variant for aircraft carriers (INS Vikrant), now the name for the second production variant.
- PV-5 - Trainer variant (two-seater)
Marine prototypes (NP):
- NP-1 - Marine variant for aircraft carriers (two-seater)
- NP-2 - Marine variant for aircraft carriers (single-seater)
Limited Series Production (LSP) - pre-series production
8 LSP aircraft are currently on order.
- LSP-1 (KH2011) - April 25, 2007
- LSP-2 - First flight expected at the end of 2007.
- LSP-3 - Version with multi-mode radar.
- LSP-4 to LSP-8 - planned for the end of 2008.
Planned production variants
- Tejas - Single seat fighter for the Indian Air Force
- Teja's trainer - Two-seat trainer version for the Indian Air Force
- Tejas Navy - One and two-seater for the aircraft carriers of the Indian Navy.
- General Information
- Other equipment
- ↑ Indiainfo.com: PM to select Sanskrit name for LCA on May 4 (Retrieved October 7, 2009)
- ↑Initial Contract for 99 Engines to Pour $ 650 Million Into GE’s Coffers. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
- ↑India orders 99 GE F414 engines for Tejas fighter jet. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
- ↑US and India sign trade deals worth $ 10 billion. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
- ↑ Aeronautical Development Agency: Tejas specification (English)
- ↑India chooses F414 engine for Tejas. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
- Is data science linked to entrepreneurship
- How to fix an electrical outlet
- What is the best reverse osmosis system
- How do you say good in Hindi
- What do you think of Tony Stark
- Which states wanted to stop slavery
- How do I sell my product
- How can I reach Vashi from Thane
- What is the Jio Fiber tariff
- How do I start a democratic company
- Play squids
- Who can not give the president a vote
- How do calcium carbonate and acid react
- How do I download Freedom APK
- Will Micromax be successful
- What was the worst moment in your area
- How can I repair termite damage
- Why do teachers want to be teachers
- How can girls get into aviation technology
- Why are Chinese property prices so high
- What do you think of Cher
- How can we say Mass in Japanese?
- What does multi-brand strategy mean