Who can participate in CCAF
French Ministry of the Interior commissions IDEMIA and Sopra Steria to develop a new standard border control system
- The French Ministry of the Interior has commissioned the consortium of IDEMIA and Sopra Steria to plan, develop, introduce, maintain and update a new standard border control system (CCAF).
- The introduction of CCAF is part of the planned introduction of the entry / exit registration system (EES) of the EU, which is planned for 2022, with which the external borders of the Schengen area are better secured and, above all, the problem of the stay of foreign nationals beyond the validity of their visas is addressed shall be.
- The biometric technologies on which CCAF is based will help make border controls faster and more accurate.
COURBEVOIE, France– (BUSINESS WIRE) –CCAF is an ambitious project that aims to create a high-performance standard system that will allow all border control activities to be optimally coordinated and harmonized. The system is expected to be rolled out in France in the course of 2021.
When developing CCAF, in addition to the basic requirements for ensuring the security and accuracy of border controls, attention is also paid to interoperability and scalability. The system will be designed to cope with future changes in French and EU legislation, as well as the growth in travel from mainland France to French overseas territories and vice versa.
Thanks to biometric identification processes, the system will help to shorten the border controls of travelers without the need to employ additional security guards at the French borders.
IDEMIA and Sopra Steria will work closely together and use their extensive experience in ID management, especially with regard to border security, as well as their detailed know-how with regard to the critical systems used in France.
The CCAF project is about a lot, including the need for flexibility and flexibility in the development of IT systems for the EU in view of upcoming major international sporting events such as the 2023 Rugby World Cup and the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris Prove responsiveness. In this joint project, the ministry relied on the competence and know-how of the consortium to be able to meet the very demanding business, technical and regulatory requirements and the tight delivery dates for the milestones of the project.
“We are very grateful for the trust that the French Ministry of the Interior has placed in our know-how and competence in the area of automatic border controls. The aim of the CCAF project is to develop and perfect a standardized, robust border control system that is even better and safer. Together with our partner Sopra Steria, we are committed to providing a pioneering system that offers a high level of security and more comfort for travelers ", so Pascal Fallet, Senior Vice President Europe for Public Security and Identity at IDEMIA.
“The Ministry of the Interior has been our customer for many years. We are very proud that, together with our partner IDEMIA, we have now received the order to develop and introduce the new standard border control system. The professional competence and know-how of IDEMIA as the world market leader in biometrics ideally complement our own competencies as a renowned system integrator for extensive systems of government agencies in complex environments. This is a great benefit and ensures the success of the project. Together with IDEMIA, we are committed to developing a reliable, secure system. By using the latest technologies, it will be able to guarantee the required service quality in the long term "so Georges Wakim, Security Market Director at Sopra Steria.
In France, IDEMIA is currently responsible for the automatic border control system for passengers and the data processing system for visa and asylum applications. IDEMIA also conducts regular pilot projects with various private and public partners, including Aéroports de Paris (ADP Group), Air France and recently with Lyon Aéroports (MONA by Vinci Airports) to increase the comfort for airport passengers through biometric procedures.
Sopra Steria often works for the French Ministry of the Interior and brings many well-known projects to success. For example, the group of companies is involved in the development of the Schengen border control system in cooperation with various other EU member states, it develops and delivers apps for the French police to search for safety-related files, and it is involved in improving road safety and the management of the Deals with foreign migrant affairs in France.
Last June, IDEMIA and Sopra Steria received the order from the EU agency eu-LISA to develop the new joint system for the comparison of biometric data (sBMS) for border protection in the Schengen area.
IDEMIA, the global leader in augmented identity, provides a trustworthy environment in which citizens and consumers alike are able to conduct their daily activities (such as paying, networking and travel) in both the physical and the can also be carried out in the digitized world.
Securing our identity is of the utmost importance in the world we live in today. With our resolute advocacy of “Augmented Identity”, an identity that ensures privacy and trust and ensures secure, authenticated and verifiable transactions, we are redefining the way in which we use one of the most important goods - our identity - for people or objects understand, manufacture, use and protect, always and everywhere where security is a concern. We provide “Augmented Identity” for international clients in the finance, telecommunications, identity services, public safety and IoT sectors. With almost 15,000 employees worldwide, IDEMIA serves customers in 180 countries.
For more information, please visit www.idemia.com / Follow us on Twitter @IdemiaGroup.
About Sopra Steria
As a leading European management and technology consultant, Sopra Steria supports its customers in driving digital transformation and achieving concrete, sustainable results. With consulting, digitization and software development, Sopra Steria offers comprehensive end-to-end solutions that make large companies and authorities more competitive and efficient - based on in-depth industry know-how, innovative technologies and a concept geared towards cooperation . The company puts people at the center of its actions with the aim of providing its customers with efficient digital technologies and creating a positive future for everyone. With 46,000 employees in 25 countries, the group achieved sales of 4.4 billion euros in 2019.
The world is how we shape it.
Sopra Steria (SOP) is listed on Euronext Paris: (Compartment A) - ISIN: FR0000050809
More information is available at https://www.soprasteria.com
The source language in which the original text is published is the official and authorized version. Translations will be included for a better understanding. Only the language version that was originally published is legally valid. You should therefore compare the translations with the original language version of the publication.
Contact for the press
Tel. +33 (0) 6 63 73 30 30
- Who was the first to discover Egyptian hieroglyphs?
- What is a strategic question
- Suicide is the perfect option
- Are combat boots business casual
- What is the real meaning of satisfaction
- What are examples of ableist language
- What is the SFU famous for
- What are some cake baking tips
- Is Sunrise University affiliated with UGC
- Would a perfectionist run a business better
- What is the environmental impact of bushfire
- What is text wrapping
- How do I fix my uneven lats
- What do you know about incarnated demons
- Why only girls get more followers
- Which is better prefabricated or modular houses
- What are the best moody blues albums
- Is the keto diet good for runners
- How do calcium carbonate and acid react
- What is x if 2x 4 80
- Can we attract with a little water
- What are Canada's Core Values
- How long do parenting styles last
- Killed them in the medieval war
- The luggage tracking is worth it
- What functions do the kidneys perform?
- How will AI machine learning help society
- What are the different landscapes in California
- An MBA student receives a scholarship
- What do you regret on Quora
- Are ICOs operated by legitimate companies?
- Where does Wattpad pay its authors
- Which are the largest main battle tanks in the world
- What is the antonym of Tedious