Where is the chaos in the universe
Chaos and order
When systems are so sensitive to change that long-term predictions become impossible, we speak of chaotic behavior. And our world is full of chaos. Sometimes, however, order forms all by itself.
The weather is so sensitive to changes that in principle the flapping of a butterfly's wings in China can influence the weather in Hamburg. This so-called butterfly effect describes what chaos means in science: Tiny causes can have such great effects that predictions about the development of systems over time are almost impossible.
The researchers succeed in making better and better prognoses; the scientific examination of chaos also shows us the limits of what we can know about the future. The diversity of our world is formed from the interaction of very different players: There are elementary particles from which atoms and molecules are formed. Biological cells, for example, are made up of complex molecules. And from the interplay of cells, organs and ultimately complex living beings are formed.
These individual levels of description differ greatly: each can be characterized with different properties, and scientists have worked out very different rules for the development of each one over time. Although the levels build on one another, structure is formed on the higher level that was not yet predictable on the lower level. Scientists speak of emergence, the appearance of new, unpredictable qualities when several factors interact.
Physicists also work with theories, computer simulations and experiments to fathom how something new is created. Nothing else lies on the dissecting table than the diversity of our world.
- Why did Hitler attack the Chinese people
- Which is the hardest Guiness world record
- Is fasting healthy for Ramadan?
- What prizes are given to visual artists?
- What is Einstein's famous equation
- Who can be my lantern friends
- The Gym Helps With Constipation Relief
- What are decrypted messages
- Do you believe in time 1
- Has Google invested in Quora
- Do you think IOTA has a future
- What are the 7 functions of leadership
- What lessons have you learned while mentoring startups?
- You can remove anger from any situation
- Why does Arsenal always lose to Chelsea
- Can I buy Mi cell phones from wholesalers?
- What is normal water
- What is it like to have CRVO
- How was your instrumentation test for GATE 2018
- Is there something that people are not aware of
- Why did James Cook colonize Hawaii
- What is TDS and TCS
- How can Andrew Yang secure the presidency?
- MS Dhoni is always underestimated