Which aquarium fish have personalities
Attitude and care
Fish are cold-blooded animals. Your body temperature corresponds to the temperature of the water. In general, they only tolerate small temperature differences. If the aquarium water is too warm, it contains too little of the oxygen that is vital for fish.
Many fish have adapted to very specific environments and only tolerate minor differences in water quality in an aquarium - for example in acidity and water hardness.
Aquarium or fish pond
The aquarium is the home for ornamental fish, commercial fish are kept in basins or ponds.
Large aquariums are usually easier to look after than small ones, as the water quality is less likely to lose its balance. Overpopulation of the aquarium should be prevented: Most fish health problems arise because too many animals share an aquarium.
Aquariums and ponds must meet the minimum requirements of Appendix 2, Table 7 ("Minimum requirements for keeping and transporting trout-like and carp-like fish for food and stocking purposes" and Table 8 "Minimum requirements for keeping fish for ornamental purposes" of the Animal Welfare Ordinance such as the minimum volume as well as the minimum dimensions (L / W / D) of the aquariums, the water quality and the facilities according to the needs of the respective fish species.
Aquariums must not be directly visible from all sides, which is why there must be privacy screens and retreats for the ornamental fish at least in parts of the aquarium. A day-night rhythm must be observed for indoor aquariums. The aquarium should also not be exposed to direct sunlight. Strong sunlight promotes algae growth and heats the water excessively, which reduces the oxygen content of the water.
Fish can get sick if the water quality is not optimal or if too many animals share the aquarium. An unsuitable combination of different fish species can also lead to stress and thus to an increased susceptibility to disease.
Signs of illness include: Constant gasping for air, rapid movement of the gill cover, unusual behavior or apathy. But also a reluctance to eat, problems with swimming and a tight fitting of the fins to the body can indicate a disease.
A rough diagnosis of the most common diseases can usually be made with the help of books on fish diseases. Simple disease remedies are available from good pet stores.
- What are 4 types of expository letters
- This setup would control the Arduino wirelessly
- What is a perfect implementation of blockchain
- Can you join me in your group?
- What is the temperature of welding
- Consensual polygamous marriage should also be legalized
- What is the shelf life of penicillins
- Is concrete an igneous stone?
- Architecture is a safe field
- How safe are electric faucets
- Where's the poison in Scorpion
- Is graphene a superconductor at room temperature
- How do public waterless urinals work?
- What brings you most into the anime
- What is the purpose of aikido
- What's the weirdest pregnancy advice you've ever been given
- Moz How the Google Disavow Links Tool works
- There are Costco stores in Florida
- What was the Triple Entente
- When did people first commit suicide?
- Can understand Catalan and Romanian
- What is an evergreen forest
- How to calculate the proportion
- Which shopping method do you prefer